A picture says a thousand words. With newer technology the public demands better quality pictures and videos in the media. This can make things tricky for a PR professional. Here are a few things to take into consideration when dealing with pictures and graphics.
- to enhance a tall building height shoot upward
- try different angles to give different points of view such as aerial view
- to capture a 180 degree angle us a fish-eye lens
- Be sure to emphasize detail
- Don’t have too much going on in the shot. Take out things that are not relevant.
- Frame the picture appropriately.
Finding Photographers (Questions to ask)
- Can you show me examples of similar works you have shot?
- What contracts do you have with the media?
- Can you help me distribute the pictures through the media?
- Do you shoot digital?
- Make sure you know what you want to capture with the pictures.
- Plan ahead. Know where you want everyone before you start.
- Let people know who or who will no be in the photo.
- Pick an appropriate professional looking location.
Graphics and pictures can be fun. With today’s technology they are also easily manipulated. Try to remember to be ethical. Do not choose pictures that are altered or distort reality. Pictures can be falsifying, but they should tell the truth not a manipulated version fo the truth.