My blogs stats show me all different things. I can see how many people viewed my blog per day, month or year. I can see what posts people viewed. I can see who clicked my site or even linked to my blog. I can also see how many times a search engine has used one of my posts. For me the stats are more of an ego boost to see who has viewed what.
However, PR professionals can use site stats for even more of an advantage. The Clarihon Blog goes over some of these benefits.
- Understand the purpose of the site before using the stats.
- Do people look at lots of pages because they are lost or interested?
- Are visitors getting to the pages you want them to look at?
- Marketers can check on customer loyalty and use Google analytics.
- You can customize your sites based on the number and demographics of viewers.