Since this is a main source of communication for PR professionals it is important to be as efficient and effective as possible.
E-mail allows professionals to speed up decisions making, send to multiple people, and send important documents more quickly than mail.
A memo is a brief written message that can serve many different communication purposes to get a point across.
Letters are best to communicate any message that needs to have a public record.
Here are some tools to manage communication overload:
- Completeness – a message must contain enough information to serve its purpose.
- Conciseness – no one wants to take an hour to read a message; keep it to the point.
- Correctness – accuracy is key.
- Courtesy – you are writing personal messages, so be personal.
- Responsibility – understand how you will be perceived by the audience.